Sunday, August 25, 2013

Easy & Cheap Chalk board table

I was looking for several different easy and cheap ways to entertain my 2 year old toddler. After going to Costco and finding an interesting cardboard container that I thought looked like an upside down little table , I took this home and repurposed it.
I decided to paint it with chalk paint to make it usable as a Drawing Board.
I decided to go the cheaper route in making the chalkboard paint out of  adding latex paint to a cup of non-sanded grout and brush it three to four layers.
The surface of the cardboard is to dry after each layer of paint and then wait to dry and then brush again.
You'll see in the picture attached the finished product and I believe that it is a very simple and cheap way to entertain my very active and creative 2 year old toddler.
Show me your ideas I love to see if my friends have anything better to come up with or to contribute or even better to put to the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Moms & Dads

  Wake up to a phone call, and on the other line you find a recruiter for a high end executive position similar to a previous position....